CAPT. BILL MILLER “OUTDOORS PROFESSIONAL” Marketing/Sales Specialist
• Grand Master Angler
• TV Host/Writer
ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE CONTACTS
Who to Call for Various Needs
• U.S. Coast Guard Emergencies: Channel 16 VHF-FM (156.8 MHz)
For the nearest USCG Rescue Coordination Center, click here.
• Report Florida Violations and Boating Accidents: 1-888-404-FWCC (3922)
Violations include illegal hunting, killing or capturing of protected species; fishing by illegal methods; boating under the influence.
• Report Tagged Fish Catches: 1-800-367-4461
• Report Fish Kills or Abnormalities: 1-800-636-0511
• Report Dead or Injured Manatees or Sea Turtles: 1-888-404-FWCC
• Report Oil and Hazardous Substances Spills: (800) 320-0519
FISHING & HUNTING LICENSES
Recreational licenses and permits for residents and nonresidents are available at county tax collectors’ offices and subagents, such as sporting goods stores or other retailers selling hunting or fishing equipment. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) offers two methods to order licenses remotely.
• Online: http://www.wildlifelicense.com/fl/
• By Phone: 1-888-FISH-FLORIDA (347-4356) or 1-888-HUNT-FLORIDA (486-8356) from anywhere in the United States or Canada.
With either method, you’ll receive a temporary license number within minutes. This enables you to fish and hunt (in season) immediately. Your permanent license will be mailed within 48 hours.
GENERAL FISH AND WILDLIFE INFO
Visit the FWC web site at www.myfwc.com
- Mote Marine Laboratory: www.mote.org
- Fish and Wildlife Research Institute: www.floridamarine.org
- Coastal Conservation Association – Florida: www.ccaflorida.org
- Fishing Rights Alliance: www.thefra.org
- Tampa Bay Watch: www.tampabaywatch.org
- Tampa Bay Estuary Program: www.tbep.org